If you’re looking for a traditional Irish meal that is hearty and packed full of great flavor, than I have got the recipe for you. This stew is a hit in our home and I am sure it will be in yours as well.
what you will need:
- 2 Lbs. of quality Beef Sirloin.
- Course Salt.
- Ground Black Pepper.
- 3 Tbs. Olive Oil.
- 1 Large Onion.
- 1 12oz. Guiness.
- 2 – 3 Garlic cloves minced.
- 6 oz. of Tomato Paste.
- 1 Tbs. White Sugar.
- 1 Tbs of Worcestershire Sauce.
- 1 Tbs. Thyme.
- 2 Bay leaves.
- 64 oz. Beef Stock.
- 5 – 6 Large Potatoes.
- 4 – 5 large Carrots cut in 1″ Chunks.
- 1 Leek finely Chopped. (this is the Secret).
- 1/4 Cup cold water.
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley.
- Brown cubed Beef in an oiled Dutch Oven. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- once brown, remove and add chopped onion. Cook til transparent. Approx. 2 mins.
- De glaze with half of your Guiness. Boil, Scrape and Simmer for 5 mins.
- Tomato Paste.
- Worcestershire Sauce.
- Bay leaves.
- Turn heat up to medium high.
- Add Beef, remaining beer, and stock.
- Simmer for one hour.
- Turn up heat, add potatoes, carrots and leeks.
- simmer for 45 mins.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- You may thicken with cold water and corn starch if you wish.
Serve with Irish Soda bread and enjoy with a stout Beer!